FRP-in-Construction Photo Competition – 2012
Category 1 – FRP in an engineering project (under construction or completed)
Category 2 – FRP in a research study
The winner in each category will receive an award at the 6th International Conference on FRP Composites in Civil Engineering (CICE 2012), Rome, June 13-15, 2012, along with a $200US prize. .Also, one of the two winning photographs, to be selected by the panel of judges, will appear on the cover of the Journal of Composites for Construction published by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) http://ascelibrary.aip.org/cco/.
The winner and five runners up, in each category, will have their photographs made into posters and displayed (with due acknowledgement) at the CICE 2012 conference, Rome, June 13-15, 2012.
1. Only digital photographs will be accepted. The photographs must be in JPEG format of at least 1205 x 945 pixels, but not larger than 1600 x 1200 pixels. However, for initial submissions, photographs must be submitted in PDF format. Short listed photographs will be required to be submitted in the high resolution JPEG format at a later stage. Both color and black and white photographs are eligible.
2. The procedure of submitting is as follows:
- Go to IIFC web page: http://www.iifc-hq.org/
- Select “IIFC Photo Competition” from the left column
- Go to the following website “EasyChair Login Page for IIFC PC2012″ by selecting the following link: https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=iifcpc2012
- Select “sign up for an account”
- After receiving account details, return to the same website to sign in: https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=iifcpc2012.
- Select “New Submission” from top bar
- Enter the photographer’s name and details in the “Author 1” box.
- Enter the title of the photograph and the month and year it was taken in the “Title (*)” box.
- Enter a maximum of 25 words description of what the photograph shows in the “Abstract” box.
- Enter the category: (1) for FRP application in an engineering project, or (2) for FRP in a research study, in the “Keywords” box.
- Upload your photograph in PDF format by selecting “Browse” in the “Paper” box.
- Click “Submit”.
3. Only two (2) photographs per category per entrant may be submitted. Each entry must be submitted separately.
4. Only photographs taken during or after January 2006 can enter this competition.
5. By submitting the photograph to the competition the entrant: (i) Attests that he/she is the person who took the photograph, (ii) Transfers copyright to the IIFC for the photograph, (iii) Gives permission (with due acknowledgement) to the IIFC to use the photograph in publications, literature, and web sites.
6. The competition entry period is from January 1, 2012 to March 31, 2012. (Note: the deadline has been extended to April 30 2012)
7. The winning photographs will be selected by a panel of judges that will be co-chaired by Professors A. Fam and P. Labossiere, and will include a professional photographer.
8. Top awards winners may be required to submit their photographs in alternative formats as mandated by ASCE for use as the Journal cover photograph. Additional copyright releases may be required by ASCE. IIFC will release permission to ASCE to use the photographs for this purpose.
9. Members of the panel of judges are ineligible to enter the competition.
10. For any questions, contact Amir Fam at: email@example.com